9.15.2008

Was that a person I just hit?

Thanks to this genius patent, gone are the days when you have to question whether you just hit a pedestrian while driving. I feel like I recently heard one Robert Novak say, "I didn’t know I hit him," after he ran over a 66-year-old man.

Well Robert, behold the "Method And Device For Recognition of a Collision With a Pedestrian"

Thanks to the sensors placed on the hood and bumper, the driver will know "with a high probability" that they did in fact just his a pedestrian.

Also, when the sensors are activated a counter above the trip meter tracks your total score based on a combination of your total speed and the weight of the pedestrian (not actually true).

Seriously though, would it not be more helpful to sense the pedestrians before you hit them? Let's see you work on that one!

0 comments: